Monday, December 19, 2011

I can see clearly now......

So as I was talking to a friend the other day, I was explaining to her that we finally got our chandelier up (after almost a year!)  I was telling her that we had to go into the attic to attach supports so the 60lb chandelier wouldn't come crashing down while we were all asleep.  (I don't know that it is 60lbs but it sure felt like even more than that!)  She was soooo impressed that I was the one who installed the supports.  I guess I think nothing of doing stuff like that.  It's always a team effort.  I don't think BT appreciates when I take things into my own hands.......so, with that said, he took measurements and built the two supports and I skinnied into their respective spots and installed them.  You know how nerve racking it is to concentrate on not falling through the newly completed ceiling while you're trying to muscle screws into REALLY hard wood? 
I'm hoping to post a tutorial soon about how the BT and I went about installing the chandelier. (I'm patiently waiting to get a new camera as the flash on ours decided to protest all future picture taking.)  Here's a pic of our new lighting fixture from PB.




I was sooooo afraid to put in all the bulbs required as I really didn't feel the need to send SOS signals to our friends and family 50 miles away.  This baby is baaaaright in our little space.  It's got 16 bulbs PEEPS!  Yes, I said SIXTEEN! I WE sure do lurrrrve it though!

xo,
M

P.S. It hasn't come crashing down yet!  I, I mean WE, must have done something right........

No comments: