Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Out with the old and in with the NEW....

Hope everyone had a FAB holiday season and cheerful (definition......toddyful) New Year celebration!

Since it's officially the new year and as much as I dislike making the normal new year's resolutions, I feel I must. every. stinking. year.  This year I'm hoping that all my resolutions will not be an EPIC FAIL.  Here's to hoping......

Here are some of the projects on my wish list this year....

1.  Refinish our lovely dresser turned buffet turned entryway dump all.  Here's the before pic (please disregard the horrible pic that I took with my phone)......



Hoping to make it look something like this......

                                                                              via

2.  Make a couple of these with the minnow trap we already have.......

                                                                                via

3.  Painting the wood on the chair that my wonderful MIL grabbed for me black while leaving the chartreuse fabric alone.  I've even contemplated painting the fabric with this, but it's a velvetkindoffeelingfabric and I would be pained if I ruined it.  I'm thinking I will be keeping this lovely comfy in my office.


4.  Building me one of these for underneathe the newly hung tv.........

                                                                                via

5.  Make lamps that are similar to these......

 

6.  How stinking cute are these!?  Making these babies too this coming year!

                                                                                 via
7.  Need to pick out some paint for the main level and the hallways.  The color we picked out and painted before we moved in was titled "Toast".  Well.......it's more on the STRAWBERRY toast side.  We don't notice the pink tint to it anymore but the thought of it is driving us NUTS!  We have dark kitchen cabinets and tiger like wood floors, any suggestions? 

8.  Making something to this effect......I've been saving the rolls for quite awhile now.  Have I mentioned that I CANNOT WAIT until spring is here?  All of my projects are outdoor projects.  Errrr!


9.  Organize my downstairs laundry room.  It's a DUNGEON!  No joke.

10.  Make a headboard for our monsterous king size bed.  I'm wondering if I can do something with the largest one of these (it's not long enough, but I'm sure I can ponder up something).......



11.  Do a little back breaking landscaping work, perhaps involving a few of these.......


12.  Do something with these $1.00 beauties that I found last summer......

(I'm sure you can tell that there are a few burlap sacks in the background.......those, I have plans for too!)


Well here's to my oneprojectforeverymonth wish list........I'll toast to that......CHHHHEEEERS!

Now let's see how many of them really get finished!  Wishing everyone a great start to the new year!  HAPPY DIY-ing IN 2012!

xo,
M

No comments: