Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Home....Sweet....Home

Well, here goes nothing or very well possibly EVERYTHING!  This is my new mission, amongst many other things, to bring a smile to my own face with my very. own. blog. and hopefully to others faces as well.  This blog is certainly for my enjoyment and if others care to share in that, then PERFECTO!  I'm hoping you will enjoy my family, my craziness, my quirky ideas, my made up words, my craftiness (or so I think), my stupid mistakes (I make many) and my words of wisdom (HA!).

I am a full time working mom and wife with a few other part time gigs.  I love my family to the moon and back!  I would do anything for my husband and know that my two boys will always be my pride and joy!  As I grow to understand life's lessons less and less, I learn to love them more and more.  They have all made me who I am and who I continue to become.

My complete love for DIY started a year and a half ago............My husband (who you will see I dub as BT or booooooytoooooy) and I put a bid in on a foreclosed home.  After taking nearly five, yes I said FIVE, months to close on our new beloved money pit, we were in deep.  We had rented for 11 years and had a 2 1/2 year old as well as a newborn.  We were smart about our decision to continue to rent while our newbie was being gutted.  Ok, maybe not completely, but pretty darn near completely.  Enter.......myfulltimeworkingdemoloving BT.  (We had a contractor to do major things like replacing the roof, moving of a support beam, installing all new flooring, fixing drywall, installing all kitchen cabinet and running all of the main level electricity)  He worked his butt of getting our house ready for us to move into.  I mean it, I will never be able to repay him for all the love, heart and soul he put into it.  He went from being a metal fabricator to becoming a carpenter, plumber, electrician, EXPERT painter along with all other duties as assigned.  It was so hard for me to work with him on the home as someone had to take care of the kiddos.  Our three sets of parents too the boys when they could.  God BLESS them......they were all saviors.  Not only that but all six of them helped to make our house a home with their own little DIY projects. 

After FOUR and a HALF months of remodeling, on October 25, 2010, we spent our very first night as a family in OUR OWN NEW HOME.  It was pure bliss.  My husband is thee hardest, most determined man I know and he has the mostest happiest wife in the world!

Here's to you, BT, and all the things you do for our beautiful family!



Here's to making this blog a new little piece of our home as well......WELCOME!

xo,
M

No comments: