Thursday, December 22, 2011

In Memory of Dax

Going crazy with my "To Do" list, frantic about making sure I have enough gifts for my boys, worrying about having a spotless house for Christmas morning.  These are all such minute things.

I'm not one for sharing, but I can't do or say enough to get the word out on a little boy that touched my heart.  I'm hoping he touches yours as well. 



Dax Ryan Locke was born to Austin and Julie Locke on June 26th, 2007. At the age of 13 months Dax was diagnosed with AML M7 Leukemia. He was life-flighted to St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital where he underwent two bone marrow transplants. Both of his parents were able to give their bone marrow to him. Since his disease was so rare Dax's treatments were not certain. Dax lost his battle with cancer at the age of 2. The doctors told us they didn't think he would live till Christmas. Dax passed away on December 30th 2009. During his short life Dax touched many hearts. The town of Washington, Illinois put up their Christmas lights early for Dax and many other people around the world joined in.  Click here for Dax's story. 

Here is Matthew West's Tribute to Dax.   I will warn you that you will need tissues and this will touch your heart.  It is my hope that you will find it in your heart and bank account to give in Dax's honor to St. Jude so that his family can reach their goal of running St. Jude for an entire day off of donations people like you and I gave to honor little man Dax.

Here is a link to the Dax Locke Foundation.  From our home to yours, have a Very Merry Christmas.

xo and extra tears today,
M

No comments: